In 2011 PIRS was first introduced within Pöyry Switzerland Ltd. The document and correspondence management solution was launched to support the execution of an on-going project. Mr. Oomens describes the process in the interview:
“Prior to selecting PIRS we analyzed different options which was mainly a discussion between build-vs.-buy approach. We found the middle way, thanks to the support of SOBIS, by procuring a purpose-built, commercially available document management & control system, PIRS.
This had the great advantage that 80% of the requirements were already provided for by the application and the remaining 20% – customization to accommodate for Pöyry’s design review process – could be achieved by configuration of the application rather than customization of the platform, so that the new DMS could be launched within two to three weeks. Something which was crucial because our live project, Shoaiba II, had already started.
PIRS has changed the way of working in many ways considerably. From the moment we introduced PIRS we could follow the design review process I had in mind for a long time and which is based on clearly defined roles & responsibilities and the usage of experts. Following this process, reflected by the workflow in PIRS, has highly improved our performance.
First, thanks to this clearly defined process and having a well-trained professional document controller’s team in Dubai we are able handle a throughput of several thousand documents per months for various projects at the same time, so that we are more efficient and effective. PIRS enables us to focus on those aspects that really add value to our Client’s projects. Second, since all information is stored in one systems our global project members, both in the home oOffices as well as on site, work on the same basis of information; a truly globally connected team that shares information and which can work on the project for 24 hours / day. Third, PIRS’s controlling & reporting functionalities allow us, with very little effort, to extract all statistics at any time in order to be informed about the project’s progress and status; a huge advantage for our project management to support our clients in discussions with contractors.”